We are a model horse simulated racing group that offers races for a range of breeds. We run meets fortnightly, have a great schedule of on site events through the year, and even offer End of Year awards – and it’s all free! 2013 is our third year of model horse racing.
Have a browse through the site to see information on our yearly events and what we have to offer - join us in this fun part of our great hobby! If you're looking for more information on how our system places horses, go to the bottom of this page and you will find an overview of how we place model horses in races.
Currently we are offering flat races for:
- Arabian & part Arabian
- Purebred & Part bred Stock Breed horses, eg Quarter Horses, etc
- Once Monthly for breeds other then those mentioned above
Steeplechase (National Hunt) races monthly for:
- Thoroughbreds & part thoroughbreds
Harness races monthly for:
- Orliv Trotters
- French Trotters
Yearly Site Events:
- January: Studs & Stallions – A listing of the best stallions available at stud from your fellow trainers. A great chance to advertise your best racing stallion, or to find that perfect sire for your new racehorse!!! This online publication is featured on this site, MH$P, ABMHA and other locations as available
- Mid-January: Opening of the Racing Season – Get in on the action! A whole slew of Maidens for the season’s beginning horses with great purses, as well as races for horses continuing to race after the conclusion of the previous year
- May: The May Racing Carnival – The second largest race event of the year, featuring the Gender Stakes, G1-rated races for each gender via breed and section (ie, flat, steeplechase, harness)
- August-September: The Triple Cup & 3yo Derbies – The largest race event on our calendar! 3 G1-rated races for the 4yo+ & 2 G1-rated races for the 3yos via breed section run consecutively. With the most prestige and the largest purses, is your stables’ current star up to the challenge?
- October-November: The Starters Auction – Your chance to grab a great race horse identity using the points you’ve accumulated via your horses wins and placings. Featuring the best young blood or established broodmares from fellow trainers’ stables, all of these horses have a background in model racing. Could the next year’s Triple Cup winner be on offer?
- November-December: The Steeplechase Plates & Harness Trophies - 3 G1 rated races for our steeplechase & harness sections with the highest purses available in that section on offer!
- December: The Tarquin Gold Cup - the final ride for the endurance section, featuring a 165 gruelling ride where the best horses can compete
- Mid December: Racing Season closes - don't stress! It's only approx 3 weeks, and lets us finalise awards & our horses for the year, and also to organise new runners for the next season
- Mid December-January: End of Year Awards – Champion Awards for Gender via section, also horse of the Year Awards and notification of any Hall of Fame horses. Plenty of nice prizes on offer!
Overview of How our Model Racing Works:
Flat racing has an advanced secgion & a novice section. Advanced is for horses whose pedigree has raced parents, novice is for horses that have a non-raced pedigree
The placings are made upon a points system that awards points for breed type, race possibility (ie, would they be a suitable racer), the race records of the horse, their racing foals and upon their parent’s records. After a draw for the race itself (representing speed of gate break, other events upon the track such as missing/taking a hole, etc), all the points are added together & the horse with the most points is the winner. We award purses to 5th place
For the flat racing, Steeplechase & harness sections we have Handicaps, Allowances and Weight for Age races which assist in the evening out of horses across the board, challenging repeat winners and allowing new horses a fair chance
We have based our races upon the Australian system - Maiden-G1
We do not take into consideration location of the owner/horse for the races (though we do for Pedigree Assignment services). This is so the hobby stays relatively simple and easy for folks without a lot of time
The information needed will be your horses’ details, sire, dam, dams sire or dam (whichever you prefer), and if any of them have race records please specify in their Document of Description (DOD), and a link to an online site where this information is so the steward can double-check and use it as proof
You will find templates for the DODs and a good overview and getting started information once you become a member and visit the Starting Gate and have a look through the Information and Guidelines section. To become a member either visit the Starting Gate or Trainers page on the site and register. A mod will approve you! :)
All the races are posted and entered on the forum (the Starting Gate); results are also on the forum. This means no physical postage and no cost to you!
We also offer a Speed Index calculation method for QH, paint, appaloosa purebreds